[tei-council] virtual hosts for HTML versions of Guidelines

Kevin Hawkins kevin.s.hawkins at ultraslavonic.info
Mon Mar 8 11:55:52 EST 2010

Would anyone oppose me asking the folks at Virginia to investigate
setting up the following virtual hosts:

en.guidelines.tei-c.org
de.guidelines.tei-c.org
es.guidelines.tei-c.org
it.guidelines.tei-c.org
fr.guidelines.tei-c.org
ja.guidelines.tei-c.org
kr.guidelines.tei-c.org
zh-tw.guidelines.tei-c.org

which would serve the content currently at:

http://www.tei-c.org/release/doc/tei-p5-doc/en/html/
http://www.tei-c.org/release/doc/tei-p5-doc/de/html/
etc.

I suggest this because right now the only way to search the full text of
the Guidelines -- and only the full text of the Guidelines -- is to
search within the PDF version.  If we had a virtual host for each
languages's HTML version, we could all use our favorite search engines
to search the full text in our language of choice.

Kevin