[tei-council] virtual hosts for HTML versions of Guidelines

David Sewell dsewell at virginia.edu
Mon Mar 8 12:40:47 EST 2010

This is not a proposal that has been floated before. It would be
analogous to Wikipedia's use of domains, I guess (en.wikipedia.org,
de.wikipedia.org, etc.).

Should I inquire of the UVA IT people whether they impose a limit on the
number of host aliases they are willing to register in the DNS? Beyond
that it would just be a question of writing virtual host entries in the
Apache configuration. It would be trivially easy to change the
directories to which those entries point later, if we implement a
different naming structure.

A counterargument might be that it's not really necessary. I just tried
a Google search for "référence bibliographique" with site:www-tei-c.org
and not surprisingly the French reference for <bibl> was the top hit.

David