[tei-council] a proposal for a change to ODD (copy of ticket I just put in SF)

Lou lou.burnard at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Fri Mar 5 05:10:12 EST 2010

Not wishing to be drawn into speculation about what Laurent may or may
not have in mind, I do think there is a case to be made for saying that
when I ask for a given element, I actually mean "this element and all
its possible children". In other words, I want this element to behave as
if it and its possible children were a distinct module.

This is not the same as saying "I want this element and all its
mandatory children" of course -- I believe that ODD processors are
required to do this already (whence the presenece of so many zombies)

Hence my proposal on the SF ticket for an additional attribute on
<elementSpec> (or <elementref> if we go that way)