[tei-council] a proposal for a change to ODD (copy of ticket I just put in SF)

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Fri Mar 5 05:15:38 EST 2010

On 5 Mar 2010, at 10:10, Lou wrote:

> Not wishing to be drawn into speculation about what Laurent may or may
> not have in mind, I do think there is a case to be made for saying that
> when I ask for a given element, I actually mean "this element and all
> its possible children".

in all possible module universes? just add <p>, I bet it can contain most of the TEI
within it…..

to your surprise.

> This is not the same as saying "I want this element and all its
> mandatory children" of course -- I believe that ODD processors are
> required to do this already (

not so, for good or bad. thats why/cos the TEI is ambiguous

> Hence my proposal on the SF ticket for an additional attribute on
> <elementSpec> (or <elementref> if we go that way)

if you can spell out the total algorithm
(acting) Information and Support Group Manager
Oxford University Computing Services

Sólo le pido a Dios
que el futuro no me sea indiferente