[tei-council] Webstore now available

Daniel Paul O'Donnell daniel.odonnell at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 19:05:18 EDT 2009

Hi all,

The webstore is now available and accepting credit cards:
using the interface and the payment went through.

Before I signed up, only one of us on council was a subscriber. Now that
it is easier than ever, let me encourage you to sign up as individuals.
At $50/year the rate is cheaper than many societies and the TEI, while
very well supported through institutional memberships, has by most
standards what can only be considered a very small base of individual
subscribers (with me it has just risen to 10).

Perhaps more to the point, however, you can also now register for the
conference. Early registration closes on October 10, at which point
prices will start including a late fee. Currently subscribers,
affiliates of member institutions, and board and council members can all
register for $45. Full price is $90.

The cheapest block of hotel rooms expires on September 24th.

Thanks all very much for your help. I had a very long talk with a techie
at the credit card company who was a linux and xml nut--as I was telling
the board, he even knew who CMSMcQ was, though more for his work at the
W3C. He was very happy to help out the TEI. He's made a number of
suggestions for radical simplification (and given me a dummy account
with practice credit card numbers that can get accepted or rejected by
never transfer money) and pointed me to some sample code. I'll probably
ask you all to help proof a much simplified site with none of the
flimflam about shopping carts that Lou and Elena so correctly gagged on.
But that will be in the run up to the membership drive in January.

Thanks again!

-dan

--
Daniel Paul O'Donnell
Associate Professor of English

Chair and CEO, Text Encoding Initiative (http://www.tei-c.org/)
Co-Chair, Digital Initiatives Advisory Board, Medieval Academy of America
President-elect (English), Society for Digital Humanities/Société pour l'étude des médias interactifs (http://sdh-semi.org/)
Founding Director (2003-2009), Digital Medievalist Project (http://www.digitalmedievalist.org/)

Vox: +1 403 329-2377
Fax: +1 403 382-7191 (non-confidental)