[tei-council] Making absolutely bare a little more bare

David Sewell dsewell at virginia.edu
Mon Dec 8 10:13:58 EST 2008

I would agree.

When we come back to this discussion, we may find that there are other
possible options. For example, we might want to make available an
explicitly non-TEI-conformant schema that would allow <text> as a root
element, to address the particular case where one wishes to encode a
document provisionally without creating a TEI header. (I'm not
necessarily advocating this, just suggesting it as an alternative to
stripping more required elements from teiHeader.)

David