[tei-council] The TEI Board Meeting (2008-11-09)

Daniel O'Donnell daniel.odonnell at uleth.ca
Thu Nov 13 20:02:35 EST 2008

The TEI

The TEI Board held its customary annual face-to-face meeting after the
Members' Meeting on Sunday November 09, 2008. Thank you very much to
King's College, the Program Committee and Local Hosts, and John
Lavagnino, a CCH Board Member, for providing such an excellent location
for our meeting and taking care of the various technical details,
including an excellent cold lunch.

The focus of this meeting was on administrative processes and new
initiatives. We hope to be introducing a number of exciting new
programmes in the course of the next 12 to 24 months, and delivering
these (as well as our existing programmes) better.

One important change involved our officers: Susan Schreibman will be
taking over from Julia Flanders as Vice Chair.

Julia has served as Vice Chair for three years and was chair of the
consortium before that. I would like to thank her on behalf of the board
for the excellent work she has done for the consortium in these
capacities over the years. Fortunately Julia will be continuing as the
host representative to the Board from Brown University.

Susan Schreibman was elected to the board at the 2007 Members' Meeting
in Maryland, which she organised as local host. This year she chaired
the Programme Committee for the 2008 Members' meeting. On behalf of the
board, I would like to thank her for her willingness to take up the
position of Vice Chair going forward.

-dan
--
Daniel Paul O'Donnell, PhD