[tei-council] [Fwd: and then there's the TBOs question]

David Sewell dsewell at virginia.edu
Wed Aug 6 11:00:11 EDT 2008

I think we would seriously alienate a large population of people in the
digital library community (and elsewhere) if we were to decree that in
P6 all the docXYZ elements were gone, or even deprecated.

There's a huge base of code, specifications, and procedurals out there
that assumes their existence, and converting all of that goes well
beyond a simple XSLT transform.

I don't think there's enough justification at this point for the break
with backward compabitibility that the merger would entail.

David