[tei-council] TEI Calendar

Daniel O'Donnell daniel.odonnell at uleth.ca
Fri Apr 11 10:43:10 EDT 2008

I've raised the related issues regarding this with the board. And the
question of the location of the listserv addresses has also just come
up. So I think you'll find that this is an area that sees improvement
soon. But please let's keep looking for things we can improve!

-dan

On Fri, 2008-04-11 at 10:34 -0400, David Sewell wrote:
> If I remember correctly, the issue with the TEI calendar at the meeting
> was a request that it be a link from the home page on www.tei-c.org.
> Currently the "News" link points to a static page.
>
> We could change that link to point to the Wiki calendar page, but there
> are a couple of problems:
>
> 1) all other sidebar links point to static pages on the website, rather
> than to anything in the wiki;
>
> 2) once you're inside http://www.tei-c.org/wiki/, the "home page" shifts
> to the TEI Wiki home page (i.e., clicking on the <TEI> graphic does not
> take you back to the TEI home page). The only way to get back to the TEI
> home is clicking the small navigation link "TEI website".
>
> So there is the potential for users to get a bit lost in navigating
> between TEI Wiki and TEI static website.
>
> James, is it possible to customize the wiki <div> containing the <TEI>
> logo in order to add another icon with a link? If so, we could perhaps
> add a TEIWiki logo of some sort, make that link to the Wiki main page,
> and then have the <TEI> logo link to the TEI website home.
>
> David
>
> On Fri, 11 Apr 2008, James Cummings wrote:
>
> > Laurent Romary wrote:
> > > Unless there was something similar already existing, I am just happy
> > > with the initiative.
> > > Laurent
> >
> > The wiki already had a Current_events page, which is also linked to on
> > the left-hand navigation panel.  We can either change the navigation
> > panel to point to the Calendar page, or we can move the content from the
> > Calendar page to the Current_events page.
> >
> > I don't mind which... but someone will need to tell me (or another
> > admin) if you want us to change the navigation menu.
> >
> > best,
> >
> > -James

> David Sewell, Editorial and Technical Manager
> ROTUNDA, The University of Virginia Press
> PO Box 801079, Charlottesville, VA 22904-4318 USA
> Courier: 310 Old Ivy Way, Suite 302, Charlottesville VA 22903
> Email: dsewell at virginia.edu   Tel: +1 434 924 9973
> Web: http://rotunda.upress.virginia.edu/
Daniel Paul O'Donnell, PhD
Department Chair and Associate Professor of English
Director, Digital Medievalist Project http://www.digitalmedievalist.org/
Chair, Text Encoding Initiative http://www.tei-c.org/

Department of English
University of Lethbridge