[tei-council] TEI Calendar

David Sewell dsewell at virginia.edu
Fri Apr 11 10:34:15 EDT 2008

If I remember correctly, the issue with the TEI calendar at the meeting
was a request that it be a link from the home page on www.tei-c.org.
Currently the "News" link points to a static page.

We could change that link to point to the Wiki calendar page, but there
are a couple of problems:

1) all other sidebar links point to static pages on the website, rather
than to anything in the wiki;

2) once you're inside http://www.tei-c.org/wiki/, the "home page" shifts
to the TEI Wiki home page (i.e., clicking on the <TEI> graphic does not
take you back to the TEI home page). The only way to get back to the TEI
home is clicking the small navigation link "TEI website".

So there is the potential for users to get a bit lost in navigating
between TEI Wiki and TEI static website.

James, is it possible to customize the wiki <div> containing the <TEI>
logo in order to add another icon with a link? If so, we could perhaps
add a TEIWiki logo of some sort, make that link to the Wiki main page,
and then have the <TEI> logo link to the TEI website home.

David