[tei-council] TEI Calendar

James Cummings James.Cummings at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Fri Apr 11 12:20:58 EDT 2008

David Sewell wrote:
> 1) all other sidebar links point to static pages on the website, rather
> than to anything in the wiki;

Whether changing this policy is desirable I leave to the TEI Web Committee.

> 2) once you're inside http://www.tei-c.org/wiki/, the "home page" shifts
> to the TEI Wiki home page (i.e., clicking on the <TEI> graphic does not
> take you back to the TEI home page). The only way to get back to the TEI
> home is clicking the small navigation link "TEI website".

We can reset the 'Main Page' to point to TEI home page, and or
rename/change/reorder any of the bits of text in that navigation box.

I've also been planning to set some time aside at some point to have a
go at customising the TEI Wiki CSS to make it look more like the TEI
Website.  (maybe we can just point some of it to the TEI's CSS).

But I believe we could change where you go when you click the TEI logo,
but to be consistent, it would be good if on the TEI website itself,
clicking the TEI logo took you to the TEI home page.

> So there is the potential for users to get a bit lost in navigating
> between TEI Wiki and TEI static website.
>
> James, is it possible to customize the wiki <div> containing the <TEI>
> logo in order to add another icon with a link? If so, we could perhaps
> add a TEIWiki logo of some sort, make that link to the Wiki main page,
> and then have the <TEI> logo link to the TEI website home.

Maybe just some styled text underneath that says 'Wiki' so if you click
on the <TEI> logo you go to the TEI home page, but if you click on
'Wiki' you go to the wiki main page?

All sounds possible, but I've not actually tried yet.

-James

--
Dr James Cummings, Research Technologies Service, University of Oxford