[tei-council] Galway meeting updates?

Laurent Romary laurent.romary at loria.fr
Wed Mar 26 09:49:09 EDT 2008

Hi David,
Hotel registration is so far fully set by Malte Rehbein who booked
rooms for all of us by default for 2 nights (Wed + Thu), knowing that
some of us have asked him to extend (e.g. I stay overnight in Galway
on Friday night).
I attach below the full text of the pdf we received from him.
And yes, your active presence is welcome at the symposium: that will
warm us up before the actual council debates.
See you soon in Galway;,
Laurent

Dear all,
We are very much looking forward to both: the TEI at galway symposium
and the hosting of
the Council meeting in early April. Please find below some brief
information about your
stay in Galway.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if there is anything. Since I am
on leave most of
March, use the email address teiatgalway at nuigalway.ie for any
questions or comments.
This mailbox is accessed by my colleagues Sean Ryder and Marie
Kennedy as well as by
myself.
See you soon in Galway!
Best wishes,
Malte
--------
Venue
The event will be held at the National University of Ireland, Galway
(NUIG) on the west
coast of Ireland. With its 72,000 inhabitants, Galway is one of the
larger cities of Ireland,
located at the Galway bay in the province of Connaught. You can
expect a vivid city with
typical Irish lifestyle but don't forget to bring your rain coat!
Within NUIG, the Moore Institute for Research in the Humanities and
Social Studies and
especially the TEXTE programme (Transfer of Expertise in Technologies
of Editing) will be
your host. For the symposium and your meeting, our seminar room (203)
will be available.
Some links:
● Galway: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galway
● NUIG: http://www.nuigalway.ie/
● Moore Institute: http://mooreinstitute.ie/
● TEXTE programme: http://mooreinstitute.ie/projects.php?project=15
Getting here
Please have a look at http://www.nuigalway.ie/about.
If you intend to use public transportation, I strongly recommend to
buy an open return
ticket for it is much cheaper than two single tickets. Arriving via
Dublin or Shannon, Citylink
is the best option.
Programme
● Wednesday, 2 April 2008, 9-18h: TEI at galway symposium; Agenda will be
distributed next week
● Thursday, 3 April 2008: your meeting
● On Thursday night, we would be happy to invite you for some nice
dinner in town.
● Friday, 4 April 2008: your meeting (cont.)
Accommodation
We have made a pre-booking for all of you in the Harbour Hotel for
the two nights from
Wednesday to Friday. Please let us know as soon as possible if you
need accommodation
for other nights as well.
The Harbour Hotel is (surprisingly) located at the Galway harbour,
and from there it is only
a five minutes walk into the centre and a 20 minutes walk to the
college.
The city centre offers a lot of options for going out for a pint or
having dinner. The
pedestrian zone around Shop Street is a good address. Many pubs have
live music
sessions every night for free.
Some links:
● Harbour Hotel: http://www.harbour.ie/
● City Map: http://www.galwaytourist.com/maps/city_map
(hotel: D4, college: A1, city centre / Shop Street: C3)
Contact
Please use teiatgalway at nuigalway.ie for any needs. Until 7 March and
from 31 March,
you can also contact me directly via: