[tei-council] List of new Council members?

Dan O'Donnell daniel.odonnell at uleth.ca
Mon Dec 3 14:34:40 EST 2007

On Mon, 2007-03-12 at 14:20 -0500, Syd Bauman wrote:

> >From the TEI-C procedures, my annotations in square brackets:
>
>    Immediately following the completion of the election [i.e., at the
>    annual Members' Meeting], the Chair informs the members about
>    newly elected members of the Board and Council. [This year the
>    Vice-chair performed this task, not sure why.]
>
>    The Executive Director and the Chair inform the newly elected Board
>    and Council members of their election. The Executive Director
>    supplies them with information (in email) about where to find the
>    necessary materials for conducting their positions.
>
>    Newly elected Board and Council members take office on January 1
>    following the election. They are added to e-mail lists immediately
>    following the election, and are permitted to participate in
>    conference calls at TEI expense between their election and January 1.
>    They are also permitted to attend face-to-face meetings during that
>    time but will not be reimbursed for expenses.
>
> So it seems to me there are two problems. 1) The procedures do not say
> who notifies those who were *not* elected. 2) No one followed the
> procedures, anyway.

I think the main thing is to get it right now. With the Executive
Director not attending the meeting and a notice on tei-l, it is
understandable, if regrettable that personal notices seem to have fallen
through the cracks.

Moreover, as far as I am aware, everybody who was elected is now on the
appropriate listservs. Or at least I was told this was going to happen.

To avoid additional screwups, I'll make check with Veronika to see where
we stand.

-dan

> > It's pretty shocking that apparently no one personally informed
> > those elected that they had been elected (and presumably no one
> > personally informed those not elected that they were not
> > elected...). I think there was a general posting to the TEI-L, but
> > there really should have been a personal message welcoming the new
> > folks to the council.

Daniel Paul O'Donnell, PhD
Chair, Text Encoding Initiative <http://www.tei-c.org/>
Director, Digital Medievalist Project <http://www.digitalmedievalist.org/>
Associate Professor and Chair of English
University of Lethbridge
Lethbridge AB T1K 3M4
Vox: +1 403 329 2378
Fax: +1 403 382-7191