[tei-council] List of new Council members?

Syd Bauman Syd_Bauman at Brown.edu
Mon Dec 3 14:20:57 EST 2007

> > > Is Nancy responsible for this?

>From the TEI-C procedures, my annotations in square brackets:

   Immediately following the completion of the election [i.e., at the
   annual Members' Meeting], the Chair informs the members about
   newly elected members of the Board and Council. [This year the
   Vice-chair performed this task, not sure why.]

   The Executive Director and the Chair inform the newly elected Board
   and Council members of their election. The Executive Director
   supplies them with information (in email) about where to find the
   necessary materials for conducting their positions.

   Newly elected Board and Council members take office on January 1
   following the election. They are added to e-mail lists immediately
   following the election, and are permitted to participate in
   conference calls at TEI expense between their election and January 1.
   They are also permitted to attend face-to-face meetings during that
   time but will not be reimbursed for expenses.

So it seems to me there are two problems. 1) The procedures do not say
who notifies those who were *not* elected. 2) No one followed the
procedures, anyway.