[tei-council] next council meeting: Ireland needs a reply

James Cummings James.Cummings at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Thu Nov 29 05:36:13 EST 2007

Arianna Ciula wrote:
> - host and venue: The Moore Institute for Research in the Humanities
> and Social Studies at NUI, Galway
> - date: 26 - 28 March 2008 (the week after Easter)
> - with a public conference on the 26th and the meeting itself on the
> 27/28th.

I can make it then and think that this sounds like a good proposal.

> - for the conference:
>     * they would like for two or three Council members to give a paper
> about some ?cool? TEI related stuff, if possible

I'd be happy to give a paper on one of the TEI projects I'm involved in if
desired.

> They need confirmation on the date as soon as possible (possibly
> within the next week or maximum two weeks), since they would like to
> send a call for papers etc.

I do agree that we probably won't know in the next two weeks what the
situation will be.  Perhaps this matter should be referred to the board to
get their input.  However, whatever the Council will be working on, and
whomsoever will be leading it, seems not to affect the fact that the
Council will be engaged in work and will almost certainly need a meeting of
this sort.

Just my two pence,

-James