[tei-council] [tei-board] Preface updated

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Sat Oct 27 15:56:14 EDT 2007

Syd Bauman wrote:
> This means to me that the Chair (currently Dan) is a Councilor; one
> other member of the Consortium is appointed by the Board (so far
> always appointed from among the Directors, currently Sebastian).

I read it as meaning that the appointee is definitely a Director,
not a random other. otherwise, it seems a weird provision.
the intent is to make sure the Board has at least 2 links
with the Council, no?
> AFAIK the bylaws consider the Chair of the TEI-Consortium and the
> Chair of the Board of Directors one and the same.
that's not how have I read it in the past. when it says
"The Chair of the TEI-C Council will be designated by the Board of
Directors."
that's strange way of saying it is also the chair of the board.

I _believe_ Lou's para to be correct.