[tei-council] Formatting of the Guidelines: Update

James Cummings James.Cummings at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Tue Aug 7 11:47:37 EDT 2007

A bit late, but here is my report on the formatting of the Guidelines work.

I've been progressing through the list of suggested improvement on the
wiki.  The beta (well not really, but whatever) version where formatting is
slowly changing is filed in SVN alongside the normal P5 formatting.  That
is instead of guidelines.css there is a guidelines-beta.css instead of
Utilities/guidelines.xsl there is a Utilities/guidelines-beta.xsl  These
are used with a separate Makefile target (make html-web-beta) to produce a
version of the Guidelines with any XSLT/CSS changes we've made.  This is
automatically produced alongside the version on tei.oucs.ox.ac.uk in a
separate folder so that none of the changes we make end up breaking the
current tei.oucs Guidelines.

Some of the things done recently include:
- Changing Sebastian's red-bordered black and white link from 'RNG' or
'RNC' to an actual xhtml button.
- Adding of discrete permanent links following division headings.  (Still
currently has some problems).
- Changed the 'edited by' to 'Edited by' as requested.
etc.

As ever, if things occur to you, then add them to the wiki in an
appropriate area.

Best,
-James