[tei-council] facsimile diagram

Conal Tuohy Conal.Tuohy at vuw.ac.nz
Thu Aug 2 04:57:52 EDT 2007

http://tei.oucs.ox.ac.uk/trac/TEIP5/attachment/ticket/291/fax-example.jpg

Please take a look at it to make sure we are all on the same page (pun intended) regarding the meaning of the proposed terms, since the proposed element names have changed as a result of last week's discussion.

The diagram shows 1 page with 1 associated graphic, and 4 zones:

A <graphic> represents a digital image of that page. In the example the graphic covers an area slightly larger than the page itself (represented by the <surface> element).

A <zone> represents a rectangular area on a page. In the example the zones show 4 areas of interest, which would be linked to pieces of transcript.

I will upload some other updated material after dinner (shortly)

Conal