[tei-council] facsimile diagram

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Thu Aug 2 05:18:03 EDT 2007

I still prefer the idea of recursive surfaces

TEI -> header, facsimile? , text?

facsimile -> front?, (surface+ | model.graphicLike+), back?)

surface -> (model.graphicLike*, surface*)

This allows for the possibility that you might have additional images
for particularly interesting bits of the page ("zone"s in your terminologuy)

However if you're really unhappy with the recursion, I can live with

surface -> (model.graphicLike*, zone*)
zone -> (model.graphicLike*)

The big headache for me is the attributes. The draft I am working on
proposes a new global attribute @facs to point from any element to a
corresponding surface (or zone) but we need more than that.

James reminded me that there is work in the MPEG/ISO/W3C communities on
defining new Xpointer schemes to point into assorted kinds of multimedia
which we should at least acknowledge somewhere.