[tei-council] upcoming teleconference for the TEI Council on Jul 17 1200 UTC

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Tue Jul 10 10:17:21 EDT 2007

Laurent Romary wrote:
> As to the second: I would say that such lexicograpic data in attributes
> are not as touto bear as plain text content (which we want to avoid).

What does "touto bear" mean?

> Besides, this section of the guidelines is really useful as a tutorial
> on what types of encoding strategies one would want to use, but not so
> much about the way to actually encode.

I am not interested in an "encoding strategy" which is at variance with
"the way to actually encode". The Guidelines are supposed to give
practical advice not speculate about how you might do things maybe if...

> Bref, I have the feeling we could leave it the way it is.

Well we could but only if we are happy to contradict ourselves.

> [Is it reassuring?]

No, not very!