[tei-council] TRAC ticket 329 -- time to close?

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Mon Jul 9 18:17:53 EDT 2007

Syd Bauman wrote:
>> I have a tiny niggling dislike of getting the iso variants when I
>> load "namesdates", because I do that quite often, and I feel the
>> iso* things are another level more obscure. In an ideal world I'd
>> want them in another module.
>>

> In which module? I can't think of one more appropriate for the
> detailed encoding of dates and times than one with "dates" in its
> name.

Actually, I thought we *did* decide to require the user to load a
different module if  they wanted ISO dates. But this was in Kyoto and
the written record is not clear on the matter.

> (BTW, I presented the exact same argument for moving <att>, <gi>,

I don't remember you advancing this argument, but someone else (Sylvain
Loiseau) remarked to me the other day that he found the mixture of
techdoc things and specifically meta things in the TD chapter very
confusing.