[tei-council] TRAC ticket 329 -- time to close?

Syd Bauman Syd_Bauman at Brown.edu
Mon Jul 9 18:07:42 EDT 2007

> I have a tiny niggling dislike of getting the iso variants when I
> load "namesdates", because I do that quite often, and I feel the
> iso* things are another level more obscure. In an ideal world I'd
> want them in another module.

In which module? I can't think of one more appropriate for the
detailed encoding of dates and times than one with "dates" in its
name.

(BTW, I presented the exact same argument for moving <att>, <gi>,

> > Anyone think of a clever way to say context="member of class
> > att.datable"?

> put the rule in the classSpec for att.datable, and tell the ODD
> software to _do the right thing_ by copying the pattern into all
> the right places.

I had not imagined that it would be possible to get the ODD software
to do the right thing before 01 Nov, but if you think it's possible,
I don't mind. What would one put in the Schematron fragment that the
ODD software would recognize as its hook? Or would there be some sort
of implicit rule "if you see <sch:assert> or <sch:rule> elements
floating about w/o a context, insert those Schematron elements into a
rule with content='me' for each 'me' in members of this class"?