[tei-council] Conformance .... the continuing saga

James Cummings James.Cummings at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Sat Apr 14 17:20:52 EDT 2007

Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
> neither gain nor loss. I just have to decide when I meet an attList whether
>
> - make a new object with the attributes and then reference it
> - put the attributes right here
>
> Is this my decision as an ODD programmer, or will the Guidelines
> tell me what to do?

I think that is an implementation thing, and thus up to you.

> James, if I install Debian on my slug, will it attempt to
> repartition/reformat my disk?

I attached two 500GB drives to mine (one on a usb hub).  Format and/or
partition the drives as you might desire on a different machine first.
(Otherwise it might hang being out of memory.)  Obviously it will need
somewhere to install root, but during the install you can simple choose
to use the existing partitions rather than reformat them.  (i.e.
manually partitioning, not guided.)   (Apologies to the rest of council
who won't understand this...google for "NSLU2 Debian" if you are
interested.)

-James