[tei-council] Conformance .... the continuing saga

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Sat Apr 14 09:09:01 EDT 2007

James Cummings wrote:

>> but I could equally say
>>
>> foo = foo.content, attribute bar ( text)
>>
>> and miss out the intermediate stage.
>
> But loses you the indirection and just doesn't seem to be a good
> thing.  Does not creating this intermediate stage save lots of work?
> What is gained by it?
neither gain nor loss. I just have to decide when I meet an attList whether

 - make a new object with the attributes and then reference it
 - put the attributes right here

Is this my decision as an ODD programmer, or will the Guidelines
tell me what to do?

James, if I install Debian on my slug, will it attempt to
repartition/reformat my disk?