[tei-council] ODD processing and renaming

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Sat Apr 7 08:00:23 EDT 2007

Given

<fooSpec ident="xxx">
  <altIdent>yyy</altIdent>
 </fooSpec>

we expect to generate a "foo" declaration for something called yyy

However, given

<fooSpec ident="xxx">
  <altIdent>yyy</altIdent>
  <altIdent xml:lang="xx">zzz</altIdent>
 </fooSpec>

we will generate a "foo" declaration for something called zzz  iff we
are producing a schema in language xx, and one for yyy otherwise.

 Is overloading xml:lang in this way preferable to having an explicit
attribute on the <altIdent> which says "use ME" ? (Note that the current
scheme gives us no way of saying "here's another name for this element
in some language but don't use it")