[tei-council] rules about renaming

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Tue Apr 3 04:20:58 EDT 2007

I see why a complete Frenchified TEI might have its own namespace.
But I would point out that the mechanism used to Frenchify the TEI
(ie <altIdent>) is no different from that used to change <p> to <paragraph>
for readability. By this argument, any use of <altIdent> would mean you
should also change the namespace.

what if you find most of the TEI OK, but change a few common tags to French
names, to help your encoders?

I am willing to be convinced, but I don't really see how this would
all work in practice.