[tei-council] TEI Numbered Divs Survey: The Results.

Daniel O'Donnell daniel.odonnell at uleth.ca
Sat Feb 10 15:48:17 EST 2007

> > For the record, I also agree with his conclusions as follows:
> > 1. we should abolish div0
> > 2. we should retain a choice between div and div1 as the next hierarchic
> > level within front, body, back
> > 3. this kind of user-consultation can be very effective
>
> Is there anyone on council who, after reading the survey results, has good
> arguments for disagreeing with these proposals?  (Please, speak now, I'd prefer
> to hear them before announcing such changes to TEI-L).

My only fear is the DLF people. Do we know if they start with div1 or
div0? Syd has done work with them. Do you know Syd? I can't believe I'm
urging caution on getting rid of any of the divNs ;)

-dan

--
Daniel Paul O'Donnell, PhD
Department Chair and Associate Professor of English

Department of English
University of Lethbridge
Lethbridge AB T1K 3M4
Vox +1 403 329-2377