[tei-council] TEI Numbered Divs Survey: The Results.

James Cummings James.Cummings at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Sat Feb 10 13:43:52 EST 2007

Lou Burnard wrote:
> I think James has done a great job here. I assume he'll be posting this
> summary along with the decisions arising from it to TEI-L in due course.

Yes, I will, but I will wait until Council agrees overall what should be done,
or a reasonable length of time, whichever happens first.

> For the record, I also agree with his conclusions as follows:
> 1. we should abolish div0
> 2. we should retain a choice between div and div1 as the next hierarchic
> level within front, body, back
> 3. this kind of user-consultation can be very effective

Is there anyone on council who, after reading the survey results, has good
arguments for disagreeing with these proposals?  (Please, speak now, I'd prefer
to hear them before announcing such changes to TEI-L).

-James