[tei-council] TEI Numbered Divs Survey: The Results.

Syd Bauman Syd_Bauman at Brown.edu
Sat Feb 10 17:10:47 EST 2007

> My only fear is the DLF people. Do we know if they start with div1
> or div0? Syd has done work with them. Do you know Syd? I can't
> believe I'm urging caution on getting rid of any of the divNs ;)

I don't have any special knowledge in my tiny brain, but I do know
where to look.

* the survey itself -- I believe quite a few librarians responded

* the current "TEI in Libraries" document, which explicitly says "we
  prefer that <div0> not be used since the TEI Guidelines does not
  make it available in <front> or <back> matter"[1]

* the proposed "TEI Tite" document, which lists <div0> as one of the
  elements that has been excluded[2]

So I think we're pretty safe in ditching <div0> (as much as it breaks
my heart!)-:

Notes
-----
[1] http://www.diglib.org/standards/tei.htm
    I think I've already pointed out that disagreement in
    number to them, but perhaps should mention it again :-)
[2] I just realized that this draft document has not been sent to
    Council or the DLF yet, which I thought was supposed to happen
    weeks ago. I will send an inquiry to John Unsworth right now.