[tei-council] TEI Conformance

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Tue Nov 21 14:54:21 EST 2006

Dan O'Donnell wrote:
>  I guess the question
> is how committed we are to ODDs as a standard for us?

since only the TEI ODD source is official,
its hard to see what else we can do. The
processing tools which generate schemas
from it are only exemplars, and the output
format is not guarenteed to be any format.
Currently, for example, parts of the class
system are preserved, and parts are not.
So writing a customization based on reading
a schema is not necessarily going to still
work in the future.

http://www.oss-watch.ac.uk