[tei-council] TEI Conformance

Dan O'Donnell daniel.odonnell at uleth.ca
Tue Nov 21 15:42:15 EST 2006

On Tue, 2006-21-11 at 19:54 +0000, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
> Dan O'Donnell wrote:
> >  I guess the question
> > is how committed we are to ODDs as a standard for us?
> >
> since only the TEI ODD source is official,
> its hard to see what else we can do.

In that case the language should be

-A TEI-conformant TEI P5 document must document any new customisations
of the TEI Schemas with a valid TEI ODD file

right?

My point here has not been to question the underlying material, but to
draw out the implications of conformance. I.e. discover which
convictions we have courage of.

--
Daniel Paul O'Donnell, PhD
Chair, Text Encoding Initiative <http://www.tei-c.org/>