[tei-council] TEI Council meeting 2007

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Fri Nov 17 04:20:24 EST 2006

At the TEI Board meeting in Victoria, there was  a pretty positive feeling
that 2007 should be a watershed year, when we have a blitz to get
all existing work out of the way and consider the future of TEI afresh
at the end of the year. If, therefore, there was any chance to have
working meetings in Berlin _and_ Kentucky  it would be no bad thing.

I make it

  USA: Dot, Susan, David, Amit, Syd, John,
  Europe: Arianna, Lou, Sebastian, James, Matthew, Laurent, Tone Merete
  Far east: Conal, Christian

(who have I missed?)

So the balance is fairly equal in terms of cost (given that Conal and CW can
probably swing either way for the same cost). It might depend on
which people could get some other subsidy than the TEI to attend.

I would note, however, that the members meeting is in the east coast
USA (Maryland) in the autumn, so there is a chance there for  local
projects to shine. So on the whole I'd suggest Berlin still offers
a better opportunity to sell the TEI to pastures new.

http://www.oss-watch.ac.uk