[tei-council] TEI Council meeting 2007

Dot Porter dporter at uky.edu
Fri Nov 17 09:11:35 EST 2006

On 11/17/06, Sebastian Rahtz <sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk> wrote:

> I would note, however, that the members meeting is in the east coast
> USA (Maryland) in the autumn, so there is a chance there for  local
> projects to shine. So on the whole I'd suggest Berlin still offers
> a better opportunity to sell the TEI to pastures new.

I hadn't considered this, and I'm inclined to agree with Sebastian
that it may be better from the point of view of diversity to have the
council meeting in Germany (I'd certainly love to go to Germany!). The
digital scholarship event at UK that Christian mentioned will happen
whether or not the council is here, so this is not make-it-or-break-it
for us. I would like the faculty here to learn more about the TEI and
the council meeting seemed like a good way to help this along.

Thanks,
Dot

> --
> Sebastian Rahtz
>
> Information Manager, Oxford University Computing Services
>
> OSS Watch: JISC Open Source Advisory Service
> http://www.oss-watch.ac.uk

Dot Porter, University of Kentucky
#####
Program Coordinator
Collaboratory for Research in Computing for Humanities
dporter at uky.edu          859-257-9549
#####
Editorial Assistant, REVEAL Project
Center for Visualization and Virtual Environments
porter at vis.uky.edu