[tei-council] next telecon 12 days away

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Fri Sep 22 06:29:02 EDT 2006

Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
> James Cummings wrote:
>

>> I think all council members should be encouraged to respond with their
>> views on the various feature requests but that final decisions (unless
>> it is an issue that they decide should be brought to council) should
>> rest with the editors as usual.
>
> That's ok in theory, but it's not happening. When someone makes a
> request in August,  it needs a
> triage reply within a week or less, not being covered by a report at the
> members meeting the following
> October if they are lucky.
>
> We seem to be unnaturally susceptible to bottlenecks in the TEI Consortium.
> What can we do systematically to avoid them?

I agree that the editors have fallen down on their self-assigned duty
here. Syd and I discussed the problem briefly last weekend, because I
knew that I was going to be completely unable to do any TEI work this
week, and I asked him to consider attempting some sort of triage report
for the next call, but I don't know whether his other responsibilities
have permitted him to do so as yet.