[tei-council] file names voting results

Conal Tuohy Conal.Tuohy at vuw.ac.nz
Mon Sep 4 17:34:32 EDT 2006

 Sebastian Rahtz wrote:

> I can rename the files in Subversion easily enough, but
> was it also a requirement to change the IDs of the <div1>s?

I don't believe that was ever suggested?

AFAIK the point of the exercise is merely to help authors, editors,
translators, etc, to make reference to those files, by giving them a
human-language label as well as their unique code.

I don't think there's anything to gain from changing the id attributes
and hence the names of the output files. On the web all those files will
be linked to from a table of contents, etc, so finding the appropriate
document is easy. Moreover, it's better to retain the short codes for
the output file names since they are likely to make more stable URLs
than the human-readable labels, which are subject to revision.

Con