[tei-council] file names voting results

Lou's Laptop lou.burnard at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Mon Sep 4 09:06:05 EDT 2006

This is one of the reasons why I think this change is a really stupid idea.

I remain convinced that the Council has better things to think about
than micromanaging filenames. When all members of the Council do as much
day to day editing of these files as the editors do,I will be readier to
listen to their opinions about what the files should be called. The
filenames are not part of the visible inteface to the Guidelines -- as
Sebastian notes they are exposed *only* in the URL context, and the
proposed change wouldn#'t affect that anyway. We have repeatedly said
that we do not plan to change the existing ID values so you are stuck
with those, unless Sebastian wants to change the scripts used to
generate web pages in some adhoc way.

Who is supposed to benefit from this absurd change? What is the nature
of the benefit?