[tei-council] file names voting results

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Mon Sep 4 04:59:56 EDT 2006

I can rename the files in Subversion easily enough, but
was it also a requirement to change the IDs of the <div1>s?

So now we have

<div1  n="4" xml:id="CH" type="chapter"> <head>Languages and Character
Sets</head>

and the ID "CH" is referred to elsewhere.

We may note that it is the ID which is used to create the HTML
file name in the guidelines on the web, so that will remain CH.html
(since obviously the original filename is not known at that
stage).

I suggest that changing the filename without changing the ID
is a bad idea. But changing the IDs is a leetle more
complex than a simple SVN rename, so I thought I'd
ask first.

http://www.oss-watch.ac.uk