[tei-council] Possibilities for new file names.

Christian Wittern wittern at kanji.zinbun.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Mon Aug 7 19:55:38 EDT 2006

Lou Burnard <lou.burnard at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk> writes:

> If it's only the filenames that you want to change, but not the 2
> character identifiers, then there is less work involved. But I still
> think it's a complete waste of time. It would be a lot more useful to
> get some feedback on the *content* of the chapters than the names used
> to identify them on some file system which most people will never see
> anyway.

There is an action item on the eds from the last meeting:

<action>implement JC's ‘short names’ suggestion unless objections are raised</action>

with a deadline of 2006-09-01

I propose that we instead see that we get a stable proposal and then
put it to the vote [hopefully by 2006-09-01].

> I note that Christian's proposals below are not camelCased.

I said I want them CamelCased.  Are there specific changes you want to
suggest?  (I made two changes below).

All the best,

Christian

>> My proposal to change the list would thus be:
>>
>> AB.xml -> AB-About.xml
>> AI.xml -> AI-AnalyticMechanisms.xml
>> BIB.xml -> BIB-Bibliography.xml
>> CC.xml -> CC-LanguageCorpora.xml
>> CE.xml -> CE-CertaintyResponsibility.xml
>> CF.xml -> CF-Conformance.xml
>> CH.xml -> CH-LanguagesCharacterSets
>> COL.xml -> COL-Colophon.xml
>> CO.xml -> CO-CoreElements.xml
>> DEDICATION.xml (no change needed!)
>> DI.xml -> DI-PrintDictionaries.xml
>> DR.xml -> DR-PerformanceTexts.xml
>> DS.xml -> DS-DefaultTextStructure.xml
>> DT.xml -> DT-ObtainingTEISchemas.xml
>> FD.xml -> FD-FeatureSystemDeclaration.xml
>> FM1.xml -> FM1-IntroductoryNote.xml
>> FS.xml -> FS-Feature-Structures.xml

I revise this to FS-FeatureStructures.xml

>> FT.xml -> FT-TablesFormulaeGraphics.xml
>> GD.xml -> GD-GraphsNetworksTrees.xml
>> guidelines-en.xml (no change needed!)
>> HD.xml -> HD-TEIHeader.xml
>> IN.xml -> IN-RulesforInterchange.xml

I revise this to IN-RulesForInterchange.xml

--

 Christian Wittern