[tei-council] New discussion document on 1.0 release priorities

James Cummings James.Cummings at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Fri Jul 21 06:38:53 EDT 2006

Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
> James Cummings wrote:
> touché
(surely you should just use the unicode character?)

> yes, because of the <equiv> mechanism

Yes, certainly something I need to read up more on, that equiv element.  I'm
assuming good examples of its use should be added to the
conformance/modification chapter?

>>   Your levels do mean that if I delete the TEI
>> namespace from the TEI element in a document instance, and so it is
>> also no
>> longer validated by my schema, that I instantly jump from level 0 to
>> level 5.
>>
> which is correct, isn't it?

Yes, I suppose it is.  The use of these levels increase the importance of the
need to be able indicate what schema and ODD a document instance validates against.

-James