[tei-council] New discussion document on 1.0 release priorities

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Fri Jul 21 06:45:03 EDT 2006

James Cummings wrote:
> Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
>
>> James Cummings wrote:
>> touché
>>
> (surely you should just use the unicode character?)

it was irony
>> yes, because of the <equiv> mechanism
>>

> Yes, certainly something I need to read up more on, that equiv element.  I'm
> assuming good examples of its use should be added to the
> conformance/modification chapter?

yes. now is the chance to say how we do expect equiv
to be used to indicate syntactic sugar.
> Yes, I suppose it is.  The use of these levels increase the importance of the
> need to be able indicate what schema and ODD a document instance validates against.

That can always be done in a written form. it
does not have to be implemented in software.
The conformance chapter can give a draft
of a "TEI Statement of Conformance",
which is where you write down

 - your contact details
 - the URL of the schema you are using
 - the URL of the ODD source of that (if you have rolled your own)
 - the level of TEI conformance you are claiming

I think that would be a healthy way to proceed,
asking projects/people/sites to link to their
TSC.

http://www.oss-watch.ac.uk