[tei-council] New discussion document on 1.0 release priorities
wittern at kanji.zinbun.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Wed Jul 19 07:38:35 EDT 2006
thanks for getting this organized. The document seems to cover pretty
well what is urgent, and I sympathize with the desire to get P5 1.0 as
soon as possible. (Obviously we should not sacrifice quality, but I
think nobody is demanding that).
Now to the details:
* class review: We need to set up an efficient procedure for this,
including timeline. Do you envision this as an editor only task?
* chapter review: same here. I assume this is mostly the editors
task?! BTW, EDW38 seems to be truncated where it comes to the meat.
* Feature requests: Currently there are 32 open, some of which look
like they are easily solved, other should be more tricky, if
agreeable at all. This will require significant time and effort.
BTW, I had the impression the global note issue was already solved?
* I agree that new material should not be a show stopper for P5.
Things in the work now should be prepared to wait for 1.x
* While I am undecided on whether we need a module dependency, I think
we need to avoid producing invalid schemata whenever feasible. This
includes detecting of (accidental?) deletion of essential elements.
My students here got a schema from Roma yesterday that happily
indicated TEI as the start element, although the element TEI was
deleted (together with the complete textstructure module).
my 2 yen,
Institute for Research in Humanities, Kyoto University
47 Higashiogura-cho, Kitashirakawa, Sakyo-ku, Kyoto 606-8265, JAPAN
More information about the tei-council