[tei-council] xmlns in roma generated DTDs

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Wed Jun 28 18:59:13 EDT 2006

Christian Wittern wrote:
>  This happens most of the time with stuff included
> via external entities or xinclude.

that is, as you say, a horrible area! inheritance
does not seem to do what you expect.
> While this is quite a dark area, I wonder what options we have to
> solve this.
get used to declaring the namespace :-}
>   Simply declaring this as an ordinary attribute in ODD
> obviously will not work, so I think the only way would be to have some
> code behind the scene that inserts xmlns as an attribute for every
> element in the generated DTDs.
is the DTD being read, though, when you process an Xincluded file?

>  But since the DTDs are
> trang-generated, this probably would mean some post-processing
> afterwords.

the DTDs are not generated by trang. There is a specific odd2dtd
process.

Why not ask on TEI-L about this, and see if your
working system is unusual. Expect a long message
from Michael Beddow, of course.

http://www.oss-watch.ac.uk