[tei-council] xmlns in roma generated DTDs

Christian Wittern wittern at kanji.zinbun.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Wed Jun 28 18:39:44 EDT 2006

Council members,

I just noted that some of my P5 files do not validate against the
generated DTD because for some reason or another they need to declare
the xmlns explicitly.  This happens most of the time with stuff included
via external entities or xinclude.

While this is quite a dark area, I wonder what options we have to
solve this.  Simply declaring this as an ordinary attribute in ODD
obviously will not work, so I think the only way would be to have some
code behind the scene that inserts xmlns as an attribute for every
element in the generated DTDs.  But since the DTDs are
trang-generated, this probably would mean some post-processing
afterwords.  Does this make sense?  Or should we just ignore it?

All the best,

Christian

--
 Christian Wittern