[tei-council] notes from Kyoto are up

Lou's Laptop lou.burnard at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Thu Jun 15 04:09:36 EDT 2006

>  As for the style,
> noting the results in complete English sentences with acceptable
> spellings would give us a fair record of what we discussed and even be
> presentable to the members, who do want to track what we are doing
> with their money.

I entirely agree with Christian here.  The Council agreed, as is proper,
that there should be a proper public record of its proceedings. That
involves publishing timely, comprehensible, and accurate minutes of its
meetings. The council is accountable to the members of the consortium,
just as much as the officers of a company are to its shareholders.  It
is surpriusing to learn that the chair of the TEI Board should be
unaware of that.

> The reason I gave no details about how to do notes is that I was
> expecting this was self evident from looking at the notes at and after
> every of our conferences.

exactly!