[tei-council] notes from Kyoto are up

Matthew Zimmerman mz34 at nyu.edu
Thu Jun 15 01:05:27 EDT 2006

No, no dates were indicated when action items were made in the
meeting and none are indicated in my notes. But in fairness to others
I did not ask for dates, just the action time and person.

Perhaps at the next meeting an elected Council member will volunteer
to take notes so the Chair of the Consortium doesn't have to. I am
sure that will lead to a more timely posting of the notes since it
won't conflict with the other duties of the Chair. Or perhaps a
secretary of the council could be appointed so the same person takes
notes each time for consistency? If not that perhaps just a cheat of
reminders could be given to the note taker: 1. dates must be taken
for each action item, 2. a timeline of when the notes should be
posted and 3. a standard way the notes should be encoded. I found the
encoding took the most time and looking at past notes didn't help
since each note taker seemed to encode them differently. We could use
the standard the Chris R uses for the Board notes.

I do apologize for the delay though and hope the notes are accurate
and helpful. But it is a good thing they are done because I am ready
to enjoy soccer World Cup, despite the US's poor showing so far. For
those of you who don't follow soccer and didn't get Christian's
reference as to how long it took me to post the notes, the world cup
games take place over a one month period!  Good look to England and
Germany who are playing well.