[tei-council] adding (non-)Struct elements to <date> & <time>

Syd Bauman Syd_Bauman at Brown.edu
Tue May 30 20:36:57 EDT 2006

CW & DB -- Jeez, guys, it was a *joke*.

Yes, David you are correct that we reviewed ND together and presented
some findings which Council accepted, but my post was about further
ramifications we had not thought of. So you still owe my a limonade,
but it sounds like from your flight story you deserve a beer, which
I'd be happy to buy for you.

> P.P.P.S. Is there an argument for adding <date> and <time> to
> att.datePart other than mimicking the properties of <dateStruct>
> and <timeStruct>? That is, do we anticipate needing those
> attributes for the elements in question?

The attributes are:
  * value=
    Makes a lot of sense to have it from a class, but it does mean
    enduring the (unwanted?) side-effect of permitting xsd:duration
    values.
  * type=
    I think there is an argument for keeping type= on <date> &
    <time>.
  * full=
    I've yet to be convinced this attribute should be retained.

Do you mean http://www.tei-c.org/Drafts/edw84.xml?style=printable ?

> and b) remind me of how I should have been able to find it? I
> looked on the Council pages, the Members pages, the Activities
> pages, but nothing seemed to bring me where I needed to go.

I haven't the slightest idea. Actually, that's not true. I actually
believe you can't get to it from the web. But I'll check in a moment.
In the meantime I'll say that I think the intent is that only Council
needs to see it, so its URL was only made available on the Council
list.

So, I'll check ... yup. ED W 84 is only referenced from ED W 87 and
classreport.pdf.