[tei-council] draft agenda for kyoto meeting

Christian Wittern wittern at kanji.zinbun.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Thu May 11 21:09:46 EDT 2006

Syd Bauman <Syd_Bauman at Brown.edu> writes:

> Christian --
>
> I am submitting two thoughts for potential inclusion as items on our
> agenda.

Thanks, but see also SRs comment.  I hope that after we have hammered
out the big issues we do have some time left to pay attention to this.

best, chw

> 1. Regularization of Names
> -- -------------- -- -----
[...]
> Ideally, we would leave Kyoto with an answer as to how the Guidelines
> should recommend the encoding of the regularization of nameLike
> things.

In my book that falls also (at least partly) within the topic of
personography.

> 2. Schematron
> -- ----------
> My recollection (which may be flawed) is that Council has never fully
> addressed the question of including Schematron constraints in P5.
> Sebastian and his META group have both created the capability to do
> so, and proven that it can be done. (Command-line roma will extract
> Schematron rules from the ODD files of Guidelines either on a routine
> build of P5 or on customization.) I have made numerous suggestions of
> places where Schematron rules would be (IMO) beneficial. (Most of
> these were during last summer's attribute update effort.)

Could you point us to where we can find this list.

> Personally, I would like Council to say "yes, Schematron rules will be
> incorporated into the Guidelines", and then something like "New
> subcommittee X should go off and scour the entire Guidelines and
> ascertain all the places where such rules are a good idea", or "Syd
> should go off and develop a set of proposed Schematron rules and
> present them to Council by [date]" or whatever.

I will add this to the agenda.  Thanks for bringing it up.

All the best,

Christian

--
 Christian Wittern