[tei-council] encoding page scans

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Fri Dec 16 04:16:59 EST 2005

I note that the W3C has a concept of non-normative "Note" documents,
which are not Recommendations, but sometimes have equivalent respect
and moral power. We don't have anything like that, and I think its a lack.
We have the Guidelines, in all their raging glory, and a set of
discussion documents which never leave /Drafts/ (how weird is that?), and
then we drift into things of educational status like the TEI Lite document.

These last few days, we've identified two clear areas where we feel
the TEI should take a lead, but we don't think that the message is
so definite that it should be in the Guidelines.

Am I going astray here? do others feel that in fact these
recommendations _should_ always be part of the Guidelines?

Sebastian