Personography discussion (was: Re: [tei-council] datatypes again: make data.key a URI)

Syd Bauman Syd_Bauman at Brown.edu
Wed Nov 9 09:22:23 EST 2005

> Am I being stupid or is it just the purpose of the W3C xml:base
> attribute? We could integrate it into P5, couldn't we?

Well, xml:base= is somewhat helpful, but doesn't really solve the
problem, as it applies to *all* pointer attributes.

    I would like to say that <name key="#LR">Laurent</name> is
    a great guy. Proof can be found
    <ref target="worse://super.long.url/path/here.xml">here</ref>

What we'd really like is a way of saying "this is the base URI for
all key= attributes, but not others".