[tei-council] Datatypes.... continued

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Sat Sep 17 19:14:27 EDT 2005

I haven't heard any squawks of protest, so assuming people are
reasonably happy with the datatypes so far proposed, I've now checked
through the list in Syd's table for discrepancies, or things I've
overlooked. The executive summary is that I think we need just one new
datatype "tei.data.count", which I will add to the list. Otherwise,
we're ready to move to implementation, assuming none of the following
tidyup is controversial.

1. add at place
   addSpan at place
   metDecl at type
           -->  tei.data.enumerated

2. tei.pointerGroup at domains
          -->  tei.data.pointers

3. schemaSpec at start
    specDesc at atts
         --> tei.data.names

4. date at precision
       --> tei.data.certainty

5. tei.datable at dateAttrib
       --> tei.data.enumerated

6. locus at scheme
       --> tei.data.name

7. fragmentPattern at pat
      --> tei.data.notation

8. schemaSpec at namespace
    elementSpec at ns (why isnt it "namespace" btw?)
       --> these could be xsd:uri as proposed, or tei.data.pointer, but
maybe since they have to be
             real namespace names (i.e. "#foo" won't do) maybe shd be
their own datatype?

9.   tei.declarable at default
     tei.identifiable at predeclare
     metSym at terminal
     numeric at trunc
     binary at value
        --> are all xsd:boolean (so "unknown" not allowed) ; could just
be tei.data.truthValue with extra rule

10.  timeline at interval
       when at interval
       --> tei.data.numeric | -1  (or think of a better way of doing the -1)

11. several attributes with proposed  datypes of "xsd:NCName" ->
tei.data.name

12. several attributes with proposed datatypes of "xsd:nonNegativeInteger"
   --> there are enough of these that I propose a new datatype
"tei.data.count"

13. sense at level -> tei.data.count